People visit restaurants to relax, socialize, and have a nice time with their friends and family. Many like to enjoy their cocktails and meal while sitting out on the patio when the weather is nice.
The first thing people notice when they sit down at a restaurant or bar is how clean everything is and rusted patio furniture (even if it is as clean as can be) can cause customers to take their business somewhere else. Luckily, there is a solution that is easy and cost-effective!
Note: With COVID-19, we realize that many restaurants and bars are only providing carry-out and delivery at this time. Consider powder coating your patio furniture now so it is protected ready to go when you open back up in the future. High-quality patio furniture is also extremely easy to resell to homeowners and other restaurants if you choose to go that route.
HOW RESTAURANTS CAN PROTECT THEIR OUTDOOR FURNITURE WITH POWDER COATING
Powder coating has been used by a ton of different industries to help protect things like outdoor furniture from the elements.
Powder coating can keep metals protected for up to 15-20 years, depending on pre-treatment and the type of powder used. It is resistant to weather, corrosion. It is a much more durable finish than paint or other liquid coating options on the market.
Other benefits of powder coating outdoor patio furniture include:
- Increased durability: Unprotected metals will become rusted and corrode over time which can weaken their structure. This can cause rusted pieces to break off or poke customers. This hazard is a non-issue with powder coated metal because it eliminates the risk of corrosion.
- Fantastic coverage: Powder coating allows for a more even application than traditional paint because it is applied using an electrostatic spray deposition (ESD) process to provide a uniform coating across every surface of the patio furniture.
- Environmental friendliness: Unlike other metal coating options, powder coating doesn’t involve the use of dangerous volatile organic compounds (VOCs). At Powdertech, we also ensure that the coating is applied using pollution-free processes.
- Anti-microbial protection: The VitraGUARD proprietary thermoset powder coatings that we use are treated with an antimicrobial silver ion. This especially coating protects against unwanted bacteria and harmful microbe growth to prevent diseases and viruses from spreading.
Recommended Read: Benefits of Switching to Powder Coated Metal
HOW THE PROCESS WORKS
We are going to give you a quick overview of how the powder coating process works. If you would like a more in-depth look at how the magic of powder coating happens, click here!
- Consultation: Before we start any project, we do a consultation to determine the scope of the service and the best materials for the job. This is when you will outline what exactly you need powder coated and when you need it by. It is helpful at this stage to provide pictures of the patio furniture you would like to have coated.
- Formulation: There are a variety of powder coating formula options out there and each one has its own unique attributes. After we talk to you about your project during the consultation, we will suggest which formula we believe is right for the job.
- Cleaning and Rinsing: Once we decide on the formulation, we will take your items in to begin the powder coating process. This involves cleaning and rinsing using specialized techniques.
- Pre-treatment: A pre-treatment of zirconium is applied to promote adhesion of the powder.
- Drying and Coating: After pre-treatment, the items are dried completely and ready for coating. Dry powder particles are then electrostatically charged onto the product or part surface using the electrostatic gun we mentioned above.
- Curing: Specially designed cure ovens are used to bake the powder coating at a high temperature to increase durability and dry the items before they are returned to you.
THE COST EFFECTIVENESS OF POWDER COATING PATIO FURNITURE
Restaurants and bars already operate on laser-thin margins that do not allow room for a lot of extra expenses like replacing patio furniture every year (or even every few years). That alone is a good reason to consider powder coating because as we said earlier, depending on the powder used and pretreatment, can last up to two decades.
Essentially, if you invest in powder coating, you will not have to worry about paying to replace that patio furniture for a very very long time.
Our team of experts at PowderTech can help you determine the best powder coating for your restaurant’s patio furniture to ensure it lasts as long as possible without corroding. Contact us today at (316) 832-9210 or request a quote.